Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios reveals what Roger Federer told him in Melbourne

Nick Kyrgios feels confident ahead of the Australian Open. The "Happy Slam" definitely brings some good memories to the former world No. 13 who achieved his best Grand Slam just in Melbourne in 2015, losing to the eventual finalist Andy Murray in the quarters. "The Aussie summer is my favourite time of year", said Kyrgios. "The home fans, playing in Melbourne. I lived here for two years and to come back here and play against the best players in the world is a special moment. I think it's by far the best grand slam. The facilities are unbelievable and all the players have great feedback. I spoke to Roger [Federer] yesterday in the locker room and he said it's unbelievable, so to have a champion like that recognize what we've done for the grand slam is pretty special."

Kyrgios launched the Nike Vapor X Kyrie 5 sneakers on Tuesday with the Boston Celtics player Kyrie Irving. "Obviously being a massive basketball fan, I was just so excited to have this collaboration with Kyrie. It's a dream come true", Kyrgios admitted. "I watched the entire game when he played against Brooklyn the other night. They feel really, really good. I feel like I could play tennis in these."

Kyrgios will open his run against Milos Raonic, facing the Canadian for the seventh time in career. Raonic won their last meeting at 2016 Queen's in three sets.

ALSO READ: Roger Federer adds a new tournament to February 2019 schedule!

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FtdgcV

No comments