Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: I dealt with back issue during win over Daniil Medvedev

Novak Djokovic has a close relationship with Daniil Medvedev off-competition. After defeating the Russian in four sets, Djokovic said: 'We have lots of respect for each other, with Medvedev. We have practiced a lot of times together in the past several years, because he also resides in Monaco, and I get to see him a lot. He asked me whether he made me sweat at all, you know, tonight (smiling). I just laugh, because, you know, I think the answer is obvious.'

Djokovic also thanked his fans for encouraging him during the whole match: 'The support of the crowd was great for both me and him. I want to thank the crowd for staying in very late. You know, we played until almost 1:00 in the morning. I do have a lot of support, a lot of people from Serbian community to come out to back me up. It's really nice to see, actually, that people stay, and there was quite a lot of people still till the end of the match even though it was that late. People love tennis, and of course we try to perform our best in front of them, for them, and for ourselves, as well.'

Djokovic revealed he dealt with a back issue. Djokovic came to the press conference at around 1:00 AM, basically one hour after his match ended. He explained the reasons: 'First of all, thanks for staying in late, or early, for this press conference. I had to do postmatch, all of the part of my recovery program, because I didn't feel so great, you know, in the last 20 minutes of the match or so. So we'll see tomorrow how the body reacts, but I'm confident I can recover and I can be ready for next one.'

Asked about his fitness condition, Djokovic replied: 'It was not the fall. It was not particularly the fall. It was just, you know, a little bit of fatigue, a little bit of back. Nothing major. But there are a couple of things that have surfaced, so to say, you know, after a match like this. But as I said, you know, I'll see how it goes tomorrow.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2B9drHx

No comments