Breaking News

Novak Djokovic inspired by Dylan Alcott

World No.1 Novak Djokovic recently spoke about wheelchair tennis players, saying he gets inspired by the likes of Dylan Alcott.

"I've said it before, these guys are heroes to me, they really are," Djokovic said. "They make the game of tennis more beautiful and more unique because of what they do and how they do it.

"They turn their handicap into something that inspires a lot of people, including myself."

The Serb has developed a fondness for the Australian and has become good friends with the quad wheelchair star. Such has been their friendship that the two have been seen in promotional events at Melbourne Park, with Djokovic trying wheelchair tennis himself.

Djokovic then spoke about Alcott’s personality, saying that the four-time Australian Open quad wheelchair singles champion is a “great guy" and "very charismatic".

"I've had the opportunity to play with Dylan," he said. "He got me into the wheelchair several years ago. That was one of the I think three times that I got in the wheelchair to try to play.”

"Every next time I get in, I try to move around and hit the ball, I respect them even more. I appreciate what they do because it's much harder than it looks like."

Alcott is gunning to lift his fifth straight Australian Open title in the quad wheelchair singles whereas Djokovic is gunning to become the sole leader of the Most Australian Open Titles in Men’s Singles, aiming to win his 7th Title.

ALSO READ

Toni Nadal warns Rafa: Tsitsipas has made huge improvements'

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FWmTRD

No comments