Breaking News

'Novak Djokovic is the best in the world when he is fit' - Todd Martin

In an interview to Sport Klub the International Hall of Fame chief Todd Martin praised Novak Djokovic's tennis level and his legacy in tennis. Martin is not particularly surprised about the Serb's comeback to the highest tennis level. 'I always said that Novak is the best in the world when everything is mentally and emotionally right. He showed it in the last six months', said Martin.

Martin also said that the greatest player of all time does not exist: 'It's a fact that no one knows how Rod Lewis would have played with Bjorn Borg or what Borg would have done in matches with Pete Sampras. I think that all this debate has no value. It's nice to speak about how all these people are great, but comparing them has no sense. Also during the same era - what Novak did is different than what happened to Federer in the mid of last decade or what Nadal did. Anyone is different and we should just be grateful to have three players on court in the same era.'

After his win over Daniil Medvedev, Djokovic said: 'First of all, thanks for staying in late, or early, for this press conference. I had to do postmatch, all of the part of my recovery program, because I didn't feel so great, you know, in the last 20 minutes of the match or so. So we'll see tomorrow how the body reacts, but I'm confident I can recover and I can be ready for next one.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FRErhJ

No comments