Breaking News

Rafael Nadal backs fifth set tie-breaks: Every Major can do what they want

At the Australian Open on Sunday after his straight-set win to Tomas Berdych, Rafael Nadal commented on the four different five-set tie-breaks formats in Grand Slams.

Nadal said: "I didn't try every one. I think every Grand Slam, of course, they can do whatever they want. Is their tournament. They are 100% free to do what they feel works better. In some ways it's good that everyone have a different thing, they have they own rules. If Wimbledon can say which seededs are there or not, why the other ones cannot do whatever they want? That's the real thing. Personally, I don't see a big problems on other events outside of Wimbledon. Wimbledon, with the serve, when you play two guys serving huge, can be dramatic. So I understand they put a tiebreak in the 12-All. I think that's fair enough. I like that change. In the rest of the events, I think they'll make a big impact. On clay I think is good that you don't have a tiebreak in the fifth because you don't need it. The match will not go 30-28 playing on clay. Here and US Open, you can do whatever. Can happen, but going to be very exceptional situation if you go to 25-23."

The 2009 Australian Open champion defeated Frances Tiafoe in the quarter-final on Tuesday. He will play Stefanos Tsitsipas in th semi-final. Tsitsipas defeated Roberto Bautista Agut in the qaurter-final, in four sets. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AYPTVD

No comments