Breaking News

Azarenka: 'Serena Williams and I often talk about motherhood'

Victoria Azarenka and Serena Williams are close friends and they recently became mothers. The Belarusian gave birth to a son called Leo in December 2016, then in September 2017 the American's first daughter, Olympia, was born. In an interview, Azarenka spoke about her relationship with Williams: “We both want to win, (but) to claim the title as a mum I’m not sure it’s a stronger competition in that way. I think it’s a bigger dream for both of us to do because it’s going to be very special, so I think it would mean a lot to both of us", said Azarenka. "We talk about motherhood - everybody faces different things, and you want to know another player, or another mother’s story, and what you can do better. Or sometimes to hear somebody say ‘oh, I struggle with that, too, makes you feel, OK, I’m not alone, and everybody goes through that’, so that’s very helpful.’’

Mixing tennis and motherhood is not easy for Azarenka, who has also been dealing with custody issues: 'It has been a challenge, especially last year for me to work it out, and I hope I’m doing a little better for myself this year', the former world No. 1 explained. 'But it’s a beautiful thing now that there are a lot more kids (on tour), and I got to know a lot more players as parents, rather than just tennis players, so it’s been an interesting change.’’

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HshTXo

No comments