Breaking News

Rafael Nadal wearing sleeveless shirts is intimidating, says Zverev

Alexander Zverev had a funny on-court interview after his straight-set win over Alex Bolt at the Australian Open. 

Zverev commented on his co-operation with his fitness trainer Jez Green who worked with Andy Murray during the British player's prime. “I'm disappointed. I'm still the skinny dude on tour, even though I put on about 15 kg", said Zverev. "When he (Green) started working with Andy, you can actually see he became one of the strongest dudes on tour, whereas I'm still looking like… I don't know. I have been called asparagus or something a few times. But I still, even though nobody can tell, I still work very hard in the off-season and list a lot of weights.”

Zverev also commented on Rafael Nadal's sleelevess shirt: "Look at the that, who is going to be scared of that. When Rafa puts that on it is intimidating, if I put that on, they might start laughing."

Zverev who was seeded fourth in the tournament lost to Milos Raonic in straight sets in the fourth round at the Australian Open. However, because of Federer's loss in the fourth round Stefanos Tsitsipas, Zverev gained a place in the ATP ranking on Monday, 28th January as the world no. 3. 

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FX8Pb9

No comments