Breaking News

Roger Federer: Novak Djokovic made me evolve my game

Swiss Roger Federer reveals world No. 1 Novak Djokovic made him further evolve his game. 

The record 20-time Grand Slam champion and the Serb have played against each other at the ATP level 47 times. 

Many of those matches came at the Grand Slams, Masters 1000 events and Nitto ATP Finals. 

The Serb leads the head-to-head between the two 25-22. 

Djokovic has won the last four matches clashed between the two. 

Federer's last win over the Serb came during the Round Robin stage of the ATP Finals in 2015. 

"I think he challenged me time and time again. I played him in his absolute prime when he was virtually unbeatable. For me, it was important not to get frustrated by it, it was maybe just a moment in time," Federer said at Melbourne Park, per George Bellshaw. 

"We're both natural attacking players and so we have aggressive points, I like that about our matches. He's one of those players with Nadal and Hewitt who has made me evolve my game."

Meanwhile, the Australian Open draw has been made on Thursday. 

Six-time Australian Open champion Federer has been drawn to meet Denis Istomin in the first round. 

Djokovic, also a six-time champion at Melbourne Park, will be meeting a qualifier. 

Federer and Djokovic could meet only in the final since since they haven't been placed in the same part of the draw. 

Also read: Nick Kyrgios: I don't think there has ever been player like Bernard Tomic

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2M5Jnk9

No comments