Breaking News

Roger Federer opens up on chances of see him at 2020 Tokyo Olympics

In an interview to Bote, Roger Federer reteirated that he is not thinking about the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. The 37-year-old is just focused about the 2019 season at the moments. 'I often spoke about it. This is too much far away', Federer told Bote. 'Now I want to play well this year and then looking to 2020 at the end of the year. In the end it's always important that my family is doing well, my body is doing well, wins are there. That's why it's too far away.'

2018 was an historical year for Federer, as he cameback to the first ranking spot in the world in February after the Rotterdam Open for the first time since October 2012. It took a long process to Federer to do it, starting since January 2017 when he won the Australian Open and then Wimbledon. 'I knew I had to win two Grand Slams for that', Federer admitted. 'Until it was not like this, I had not to speak about it. Once I won the Australia, I knew: now I have a chance. And I wanted to use it - or at least seeking it. Of course, all these records will be broken again. I am okay with it as well. But in that moments I was the oldest No. 1 and that was absolutely special for me, my team and fans. And it stays.'

Federer was extremely honored to be the oldest world No. 1 in the Open Era overtaking the then 33-year-old Andre Agassi's record: 'There are records you can get only when you are old and records you can win only as a young guy like Borg, Chang or Nadal. These are things you can get once in a lifetime. Having goals and visions is very important in sports and life.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VN34Bz

No comments