Breaking News

Samantha Stosur: Doubles definitely helped the confidence

Australian Open Women’s Doubles Champion Samantha Stosur recently spoke about her longevity in tennis and how Doubles has helped her singles game as well.

“Thirteen years after I’ve been in the women’s doubles final here, that’s a long time – I would not have expected to necessarily do that,  For sure (I’m proud of my longevity). I still remember that week when I won with Scott in the mixed here in 2005 and that was amazing. So to think that, one, I’m still playing, and two, going deep and enjoying it the way I am, is fantastic,” Stosur said.

Speaking about how Doubles has helped her in singles, she said, “It definitely helped the confidence. If you’re playing on the off day, it becomes your practice for your singles. And there’s no better practice than in those real situations, like serving out a set, and returning; you can’t replicate that in a practice, no matter where you are.”

“It’s a more fun event for both of us, and I think sometimes that actually makes it easier to go out and play well (laughter). I think almost every player would say singles is a priority. If you could somehow get that doubles mentality out onto the singles court, we’d all be far better off. But it’s a lot easier said than done.”

ALSO READ

Ashleigh Barty: I’ve become more mature on and off the court

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2MCUtO0

No comments