Breaking News

Serena Williams comments on Stefanos Tsitsipas beating Roger Federer

In press conference at the Australian Open Serena Williams commented on Stefanos Tsitsipas's four-set win over Roger Federer in Melbourne. The American player praised the 20-year-old Greek who she is starting to know very well.

'We trained together like a couple weeks ago now, and I see him at the academy, at Mouratoglou's academy, so it's always nice', said Serena. 'I thought it was an incredibly high-level match. I mean, I couldn't keep up. The balls were flying so fast. I just was wildly impressed with Stefanos. At the same time, you just don't root against Roger. It's kind of like a thing. So you always want to see him to do well no matter what. But it was a fantastic match to see. It's a shame there couldn't have been two winners.'

On Serena's great return skills, Simona Halep said: 'It's not easy. It's frustrating a little bit during the match, but as we all know, I'm not a big server, so I have to go with that. Maybe I could change a little bit the direction of the serve to mix a little bit more, but I didn't. So, yeah, she's a great returner, and it's always tough to see her so close to the baseline and feel the pressure a little bit. It was not the worst match when I serve, how I served, so I served okay, but was not the best. So I think if I can improve in that direction more, I have a better chance.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UdEtEH

No comments