Breaking News

Serena Williams's comeback is impressive, says Boris Becker

Boris Becker praised Serena Williams's return to the highest level. The American delivered an amazing tennis to defeat Simona Halep in the fourth round on Monday. As quoted by ESPN, Becker said: 'On the women's side, you already had two good match: Serena Williams's comeback is notable. For her having a daughter and coming back as the best player is unbelievable. Also the Mufeuuxst-Konta match that ended almost at 3:30 AM. I am surprised it is allowed, and I do not believe that it should be, it's too late.'

About the new faces, Becker indicated Aryna Sabalenka as a player to follow: 'I like how Sabalenka plays, she is a diamond, but she lost to a player who is two or three years younger than her, Amanda Animisova. She is another young player with a brilliant future, so you will have a generational change where younger and promising players are playing well. Danielle Collins is playing well, she delivered amazing performances to defeat two German players. It seems that, slowly but comfortably, you will have a changing of the guard on the men's and women's side.'

On her next match against Serena, commenting on the tactic she will use Karolina Pliskova said. 'I have my game, so of course I have to take care a little bit of them, too. But I have to play my game so I don't have any plan B, C, D (smiling). So I know which plan is working, so I just try to play this, and then if it's not working, maybe I try B, but I don't know. We will see. Of course if Serena is playing at her best, then it's tough because she can serve, put a lot of pressure on her returns, but she can also miss. So we will see.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WbFvmk

No comments