Breaking News

Serena Williams is ready to achieve the Calendar Grand Slam - Coach

Patrick Mouratoglou was pleased and happy with Serena Williams's three-set win over Simona Halep at the Australian Open on Monday. Speaking to ESPN, Mouratoglou said: "Emotionally, Serena knew this was a match where she had to really step up. And physically, she had to show her A-game because there were a lot of very long rallies. Physically, emotionally, Serena's much more ready this year. I'm happy she had a tough match tonight. Having a match like that, she will be ready for anything in the next matches."

The French coach feels confident about the 23-time Major winner's chances to triumph: 'I think her chances to win are higher here [in Melbourne] than they were at other Slams last year..She has four chances this year. I think she is ready to win the four. I'm not saying she will, but she is ready. And when she's ready, she can do anything."

In press conference Halep was still satisfied with her performance: Losing every time is not improving, but I felt like I was closer. I played better. I stayed in the rallies better. I won the long rallies. I felt like I had more power playing against her. I moved well. So I cannot feel exactly what I improved, but I feel like being close to her, it's a good level.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FSAB88

No comments