Breaking News

Serena Williams speaks on Anna Wintour attending her and Federer's matches

Serena Williams and Roger Federer are the favorite tennis players of the Vogue Magazine editor-in-chief Anna Wintour. Wintour both attended Federer's loss to Stefanos Tsitsipas and Serena's win over Simona Halep. On how it feels to have the support of such a big personality, Serena said: 'Fortunately enough we were playing on opposite days. I can only speak for me, but I know he was excited and I know we both wanted her to come to this event in particular, because she's never been to Australia. We were trying to get her to get here and she finally made it. So it was good. It's always good to see her. She's such a big fan of tennis. It was a pity that she hadn't made it all the way over here yet, so I'm glad she did.'

On walking out when the world No. 1 Simona Halep was announced, Serena said: 'They told me to go first in the walkout, and then they called Simona's name first, so I was, like, taking a step back (smiling). It was, like, I'm sorry.'

Serena also commented on her progresses: 'I feel like each day, each match, and each tournament I'm learning something, and I think today I'm just learning that I can, I have to fight for titles. I have to fight for matches. Actually, I don't have any titles yet, but I'm just fighting for matches is really important.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2CA3UJf

No comments