Breaking News

Simona Halep's loss to Serena Williams didn't surprise me - Navratilova

The 18-time Major winner Martina Navratilova commented on Serena Williams' win over Simona Halep at the Australian Open. Speaking on Tennis Channel, Navratilova said: 'Simona's loss didn't surprise me! Serena is better than Halep, she beat her nine times. Things are clear to me. Halep had her chances in the decisive set, but Serena took the control. Halep dealt with an Achilles issue. I was impressed by the way Serena looks like. Being so comfortable and confident to play at that level. I would like to understand how Serena does it!'

The 18-time Major winner Chris Evert said: 'Simona was a goal for Serena. You cannot hit second serve all the time when you face Serena. It's a key error. Simona gave everything she had, she played a good match, but her serve made a difference. However, if in tennis history there is a player who handles pressure in the best way that's Serena Williams. Both played at a very high level. Simona did not make a good job as Serena. Both of them took risks.'

On how it feels to be surrounded by cameras at Melbourne Park, Halep said: 'I didn't notice that there is a camera. So now I have to make sure (smiling). But it's nice. I think people can see our reactions, like off-court moments. So it's nothing bad.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2R7ZVZG

No comments