Breaking News

There is no rush, I can do it - Djokovic eyes Roger Federer's 20 Slams

Novak Djokovic has his eyes sight on Roger Federer's Grand Slam titles' record. The Serbian player holds 15 Slams, five less than Federer's 20, and on Monday, he spoke about the chance to catch the Swiss. Can he really do it? "Well, if I’m still playing and winning Slams I think it’s logical to conclude that I do. I’m blessed to be able to win 15. I know there are two guys ahead of me now in the history of the most Slams won. But I still have time. I’m not rushing," said Djokovic.

In order to win his fourth Major in a row, Djokovic will have to win the French Open this year. He looks forward to seeing Roger Federer in Paris again: “Roland Garros and the tennis world in general missed him on clay last year. He’s the greatest champion this sport has ever had so I’m definitely looking forward to having him there.”

After turning 30 years old, Djokovic won three Grand Slam titles in a row. He feels proud about his longevity and he thinks that getting older he can get even more success: “I do feel young, I do feel fresh, I do feel fit. I don’t think about age. I don’t think about any limits. So far, so good. Of course, I’ll keep on striving to get better on the court but also maintain the healthy lifestyle that brings me longevity and well-being. I think what’s most important is to nurture that love for the game. I think it all starts in your heart and in your mind as well. If I want to keep going I will keep going. I think my body will listen.”

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2BdiW7O

No comments