Breaking News

Toni Nadal recalls when he 'ruined' the party to his nephew Rafael

For Rafael Nadal, staying humble has been the key to have success. It was his uncle Toni to confirm it again in an interview with a Bulgarian TV in Sofia last week. Toni revealed some interesting things: 'When Rafael won the Spanish Championship for the first time, we gathered at a family lunch', said Toni. 'I took from the Spanish Tennis Federation the list of the last 25 winners of the tournament. We sat at the table and I asked him: Do you know who Juan Perez is champion like you! Miguel Fernandez - Champion like you. Finally, we saw that only 4-5 were the tennis players we knew the names of 4-5 of 25. And I asked him: who you are going to be - of those who will all forget or of those who will be remembered in time. We stayed 3-4 hours on court. When I saw that he was doing it, I was very happy because I always wanted to prepare Rafael for the future.'

'I did the same thing when he won the French Open for the first time. You know how many tennis players have won only one time. I asked him: who would you be, and I was very happy and proud he has won the French Open, but I had to think about the future.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SbXHwR

No comments