Breaking News

Wintour: 'I've been a fan of Federer since the beginning of his career'

The Vogue Magazine editor-in-chief Anna Wintour spoke about her close relationship with Roger Federer. They met at several fashion shows and Wintour was on the Australian Open grounds cheering for Federer this year. “Roger and I have known each other for many, many years", said Wintour in an interview to Fox Sports. "Maybe 15 years or even longer now. I’ve been a fan of his since the beginning of his career. In fact, Baz [Luhrmann] calls me the tennis stalker. Obviously, he’s not only a champion on the court but off the court. I’m very lucky to count myself as one of his friends.”

She also revealed when she was lucky enough to hit with Federer on a casual day: "My daughter got married this past summer, and as a thank you present my daughter organised a surprise visit. Roger and I had never played together on the court. We had about 50 people in the country for the weekend and I go OCD about how many guests we have, and I heard a car arriving and I thought: I have no more room; there are no more bedrooms; who could it possibly be? Then I was looking through the leaves of the tennis court and I thought: that looks just like Roger and that looks just like Mirka and those are the twins. He spent the whole day with us, playing with kids aged two to a 90-year-old. It was the greatest gift that she could have given me.”

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2G6xauu

No comments