Breaking News

Daria Kasatkina explains how Rafael Nadal loss influences her mindset

Daria Kasatkina was not satisfied with the way she started her new season. The Russian player lost in the opening rounds of the Sydney International and Australian Open and in a press conference at the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy, she said: "There were a couple of moments when I felt a little bit sad. Now it feels better. For the second year in row I didn’t show good results in January."

Asked if there was an explanation or reason for it, Kasatkina replied: "My favorite Rafa (Nadal) has lost that is why January didn’t augur well for me. Every year I don’t start the season too well. I can’t explain why, but I think there is nothing special as people feel themselves differently after the off-season. My physical shape went a little bit down. The month of tough work were not easy for me, I am sure the results will come soon after this fall." Kasatkina has been a Nadal fan for years.

On how her off-season was like, Kasatkina added: "The beginning of my off-season was the same as always – I went to Slovakia, to the mountains, but I spent there 6 days not 10 as usual. We made it shorter as the season was longer. Then I went to Barcelona where I spent almost five weeks."

Kasatkina feels better than the Australian Open also in terms of weather conditions: "I like it in here more. I don’t like heat. Russian blood, you know. I would rather put my coat on rather than walking all red under the heating sun."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2BoXflB

No comments