Breaking News

David Ferrer: 'Roger Federer worked a lot to be where he is'

In an interview to La Nacion David Ferrer commented about Roger Federer's legacy in tennis. The Spanish player lost all the 17 matches played against the Swiss and in an interview to La Nacion he said: "He has something different than the others. He takes the ball early, he has a better eye than the rest. He moves perfectly, he worked a lot, but he has a natural tennis and he was born to play tennis. Then, he handled it very well. It's pure elegance. He is the player who made me feel most less than the rest.'

On what makes Federer and Rafael Nadal different, Ferrer added: 'They are two different games. They are two personalities in the world of tennis that you probably will not see again. You never know, but you had two genious guys in the same time.'

How will tennis be like once Federer and Nadal retire? 'I love seeing them. It will be different because they improved the game in many aspects and they gave a good example to the society.'

Then he also revealed another interesting thing: 'In 2013, I was coming from winning Buenos Aires. The following week I played Acapulco and I reached the final, but I lost to Rafa Nadal [6-0 6-2] and I took it bad. My mother come seeing me in Acapulco because after that I would be out for two weeks in Indian Wells and Miami. Over the time I realized that I could not enjoy these moments. Looking back at it, I would not do it. But you have to accept the mistakes and not make them again.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SslUiL

No comments