Breaking News

Denis Shapovalov reveals how Rafael Nadal can be beaten

In an interview to Pravda Denis Shapovalov recalled his three-set win over Rafael Nadal at the 2017 Rogers Cup in Montreal. 'If you want to win against him, you do not have to hesitate. If you wait that Rafa misses, it never happens. He will push you outside the court like a rat', said Shapovalov, who prevailed in the third set tie-break.

His mentality was the key: 'I told myself that even If I did not get through it, I should have fought until the end. I do remember what happened after (the win). There was such a noise in the stadium. It was the nicest environment I was ever involved in.'

Shapovalov was born in Tel Aviv, but he decided not to live there. 'We chose Toronto, the life in Israel was too dangerous", said Shapovalov's mother, Tessa.

Denis added: "My parents had a too difficult life, they deserve my respect. I am happy to be able to represent Canada, but I also have many friends who are Israelian players.'

He also has Russian grassroots: 'I could move there once. I like St. Petersburg.'

On his loss to Novak Djokovic at the Australian Open, Shapovalov said: In the third set, that's when I kind of loosened up and started playing my tennis. I just started really just enjoying myself. I told myself, Look, you're already down two sets, so just have fun out there. That's where I felt like I really started to play my game and really showed what I can do out there. I felt like I was definitely really dominant in the third set. It was good tennis. It was fun. Like I said, in the fourth, he played a good set. It was a little bit too late for me to catch up.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2TtHUa4

No comments