Breaking News

Nadal: This year's Australian Open is a good inspiration for the future

At the 2019 Australian Open prize ceremony, Rafael Nadal congratulated Novak Djokovic, who prevailed over him in a straight-set final. Speaking to the crowd, Nadal said: "First thing I have to say, many congratulations to Novak and his team, it was an amazing level of tennis tonight. There is no one tournament in the world that is improving every single year like this. Thank you for making this tournament the best in the world. It's been a very emotional two weeks. Even if tonight wasn't my best day, it's been a very important two weeks for me. I have been going through tough moment this year. Since the US Open I was not able to play a professional match until the Australian Open. I really believe that I played a great two weeks of tennis, and that's going to be good inspiration to myself for what is coming.

"I only can say one thing, I want to keep working hard to be a better player, and I am trying for a long time. Sometimes, this tournament has been tough in terms of injury, or in terms of opponents, like tonight. I'm going to keep coming back and try give myself better chances in the future. The connection with all of you is difficult to describe. Many thanks, and I really hope to see you all next year."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Da9rq6

No comments