Breaking News

Osaka: My mother didn't even congratulate me on Australian Open title

In an interview to the WTA Insider Podcast, Naomi Osaka shared a funny thing about how her mother reacted to her Australian Open success from at home, Japan. The answer from her was pretty unusual. "I called my mum after I did all the press. She didn't even say congratulations. She just yelled at me to go to sleep. So I felt really loved. And then I called my sister when I got back to the hotel and she was really happy for me," Osaka confessed.

Also another Asian, Li Na, had confessed that her mother was totally unfazed by her maiden title at the 2011 French Open. "She told me that she had heard that I won an important title," said Li Na at the time.

Speaking about her father, Osaka shared, “I talk to my dad a lot, he’s sort of like a wise guy. I just tell myself to focus on things that I can control.”

Osaka is going through some new and really different experiences than in the past: "I was just thinking like woah. It felt really overwhelming. I didn't feel like I would be in this position again so soon. I feel like for the past two years, all I really wanted to do was to be in the top 10 because I thought that's how you make a name for yourself. To be in this position now is really unreal. I feel like I want to do well during the entire year and not just the hardcourt tournaments."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Tor24A

No comments