Breaking News

Roberto Bautista Agut: I wasn't happy with tennis life while I was junior

Spanish tennis star Roberto Bautista Agut reveals he wasn't happy with the tennis life while he was a junior as he was easily getting frustrated and disappointed after bad results. 

However, a lot has changed since as throughout the years the Spaniard has gathered a lot of knowledge and experience about the game. 

The 30-year-old has been among elite tennis players for years now, having won nine ATP titles and achieved his career-high ranking of No. 13 in the world in 2019. 

"When I was a junior I was not happy with the life of a tennis player. I was getting frustrated about the results when I was not winning matches. My work now is a lot different from when I was starting to learn the game or when I was starting to play when I was a junior. I would say now I'm more focused on the intensity, on the mental things, on the physical work and tactics. I'm more professional," Bautista Agut revealed during his exclusive interview with the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. 

Meanwhile, world No. 18 Bautista Agut is preparing to make his seventh consecutive appearance in Dubai. 

The Spaniard, who debuted at the Dubai event in 2013, won his maiden title at the tournament last year when he beat France's Lucas Pouille in the final. 

In the remaining five Dubai appearances, the 30-year-old once reached the quarter-final and four times the round-of-16 respectively. 

The Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships is due to take place from February 25 - March 02.

Also read: Bernard Tomic withdraws from Dallas Challenger

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UEeWo2

No comments