Breaking News

Roger Federer doesn't get favouritism on the tennis tour, says Marin Cilic

Marin Cilic denied Roger Federer gets benefits from the tournaments. In November last year Julien Benneteau said that the organizers always schedule the Swiss at night in cooler conditions, and someone may have wondered that in the 2018 Australian Open final the roof on the Rod Laver Arena for the match between Cilic and Federer was closed because the Swiss had trained indoors and the Croat didn't in the warm-up. Speaking in Capri, Cilic said: "I do not think Roger gets favouritism, I do not think they closed the roof for him but because they thought it was the right thing to do, or because this is how the rulebook says. It was definitely not right towards me, because I had never played under the roof during the tournament and I also never played a night match. The communication was not good either, the supervisor came while I was warming up prior to the final to tell me that they may have closed the roof, but they had known already for a couple of days that this situation could have happened. And what can you do in such a situation, you are under stress for the match and so you have to focus. In the end, it took 20 or 30 minutes to get used to the situation and I may have lost because of it."

Cilic added:. 'I have some regrets because it was going well, and in the end fourth set, I won four, five games in a row after being down a break. I won 6-3, then I had two break points in the first game of the fifth set. I may have played too much aggressive, and instead, I had to stay more clever and make the right choices', said Cilic.

The Medjugorje native also explained what makes the difference between good and great players: 'The strongest players manage to play at the top even when they play at their lowest level. They can choose the way they can play, they are doing well physically and in every training they are completely focused like if it was a match. That's why when a match is about one or two points, they often take the right choice, and they are always ia perfect condition. So I have to improve on it.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WC9tjB

No comments