Breaking News

Roger Federer opens up on post-career plans, mentions his Foundation

In an interview Roger Federer commented on his charity activity. The Swiss player is now helping one million children through his programmes. Last year in April he visited Zambia, staying there for four days. 'I do it because it's a true passion', the 37-year-old confessed. 'Because it's right, important. Andre Agassi inspired me with his Foundation and our Foundation, like his, provides children education. No kids should be not allowed to have the right to study.'

On his plans following the tennis career, Federer added: 'I think I will follow my Foundation. And I will stay in the world of tennis, organizing, coaching: I learned a lot from my wife. I will have plenty of time.'

He feels comfortable staying on the red carpet and attending off-court events: 'As a sportsman you always expect him to wear a sports apparel or jeans. Instead it's nice to feel comfortable even in more formal outfits. I am pretty exigent too.'

Federer feels a different person now: 'I feel I went through an evolution: as a guy I became man, then father. My attitude towards the life and tennis changed: before I was in a rush, now I take my time. I know that every match could be my last one.'

What does luxury mean to him? 'More time for me and my family. Even if a little bit of luxury time by time can be funny. Everyone works to reach it but at the end of the day it's something else: doing well with the people you love.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Gkb0oR

No comments