Breaking News

Sabalenka: I liked Azarenka's gamestyle, but Williams was closer to me

In press conference at the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy, Aryna Sabakenka commented on her childhood idol. "As a little girl I was looking more at Serena Williams," said Sabalenka. "I liked Vika [Azarenka]'s gamestyle, her character, but Serena was closer to me."

On what it meant to her to become a top ten player, Sabalenka added: "Cracking top 10 rankings allows you to become a seeded player. And in some tournaments you get a Bye in the first round. Honestly, here I did not know I would have skipped the first round. I do not feel pressure. I have to go on court and give my best. If you start focusing on these factors - that someone is expecting something from you - then it doesn't work. I am focused and 100% ready to fight."

On St. Petersburg in general, Sabalenka added: "I have been here for a week. I could not look at all the beauty of St. Petersburg but I clearly love this city a lot. It's really nice to be here. I will start visiting the places of the city later."

On what she expects from the 2019 season, the Belarusian concluded: "Goals are always the same for everyone, I never get tired to stay it. It's nice, of course, to understand that you are a top ten player but this is not the limit of my dreams. So I still have to work very hard, and this is just the first step towards all the goals."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2TpVT0R

No comments