Breaking News

Victoria Azarenka: Tennis doesn't influence the way I am as a mother

Victoria Azarenka feels satisfied with the way she opened her campaign in St. Petersburg. The Belarusian player defeated Margarita Gasparyan in straight sets, and in an interview, she said she managed to have the right energy in delivering good tennis. She also spoke about her emotional press conference at the Australian Open, following the loss to Andrea Petkovic, when she was in tears while talking about the difficulties in her personal life. "After that interview, I received a lot ofe-mails and messages. It really helped me to look a little bit differently at that moment. It made me happier and made me focus on the next steps, to feel positive and go on the court with good feelings," said Azarenka.

She also added: "My results do not influence the way I am as a mother. I cannot allow my working humour to influence the way I behave at home. It doesn't matter how difficult is, I just try to be joyful and happy when I am with my soon. Children need a good example. If I walk with a sad face, everything will be influenced. I try to smile more."

Then she shared: "My son is now with his father. I enjoyed myself in Australia. I trained, I walked around with my son, I went to the museums and pools with him. He likes swimming, he is good un doing it. He is two years and he can already swim alone a little bit."

Asked about her rankings goals, Azarenka concluded: "When I draw a plan, it doesn't always work. I always try not to focus on it. In order to improve, you have to prepare for every match with the right approach. You have to learn how to play tennis and not to look at some numbers."

Azarenka lost in the second round in St. Petersburg to Petra Kvitova in straight sets. 

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GecEIm

No comments