Breaking News

2019 ATP Indian Wells - Prize Money: How much can Roger Federer earn?

A lot of money will be at stake on Sunday when Roger Federer and Dominic Thiem head into the Stadium 1 in Indian Wells to face each other. The finalists already guaranteed themselves $686,000, but winning it is a big deal, as it gives you a $1,354,000 cheque. Federer would break the $122 million career prize money barrier, while Thiem would get to $15 million and a half.

Before the match against Milos Raonic, Thiem had said: "He's also very difficult to play because he's also good from the baseline. Moves not bad. So gonna be -- try similar like yesterday against Karlovic to take care of my serve. I tried this, to get through my serves well. Then, of course, there are going to be many games where I will have zero chance on his serve. But maybe once a set or once a match just going to open up a chance and then I try to be focused. But in general going to be very difficult, because he's playing very well again, and his serve is always one of the best."

Asked if he has any desire to play the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, the Austrian replied: "Well, it's very far away still. I really like Tokyo as a city. I love it. I will be back there for sure. But I don't know yet if for the tournament or for the Olympics."

This year Federer only lost one match on the professional tour, at the Australian Open against Stefanos Tsitsipas.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HpJBmP

No comments