Breaking News

Alexander Zverev opens up on relationship with Roger Federer,Novak Djokovic

In an interview to L'Equipe, Alexander Zverev commented on his relationship with some of the biggest legends. The world No. 3 feels grateful to them. "I have a close relationship with Novak Djokovic, we live in Monaco, we spend time together", said Zverev. "But I'm even closer to Roger Federer. We are friends. He often talks to me. Especially after tough losses. He gives me advice He doesn't do it for everybody. It's an honor, isn't it? It means something.. I guess him and Djokovic talk to those they see who will take their spot, so that the game is in good hands. They have probably chosen people they like, whom they think will go far. They can't do it with everyone."

Will Zverev be the next world No. 1? "Of course I try to be the best I can, to take my responsibilities. But there are very good players. What Novak is doing now is incredible. I have to be better than them. So for now, it's mostly about how to beat them regularly. I'll think about what's next afterwards."

Zverev also commented on how it feels to compete in the same era as Big Three: "It's motivating. I'm the kind of person who wants to play against people playing at their highest level. I want to compete against them in big matches to prove myself that I can be very good rather than thinking that you can never win. Seeing them at such a level is a powerful feeling because it gives me the chance to play against this kind of players."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UPNUe8

No comments