Breaking News

Bencic: I am not thinking about playing Tokyo 2020 with Roger Federer yet

Belinda Bencic and Roger Federer won two Hopman Cup titles, in 2018 and 2019. Could we see them team up at the Tokyo Olympics next year? In an interview with Tages Anzeiger, Bencic replied: "I am not even thinking about it yet. (There is still a) year-and-a-half."

Bencic loves Federer's passion: "It's great to see how much fun he has. That was noted in Perth by my father too. He said that Federer is always in a good state of mind for the training. And yet, he manages to become immediately and totally focused when he is serious. I make an effort to make this mix too."

Asked if Federer taught her to appreciate the game more, Bencic added: "I struggle to get compared to him because he played for a much longer time and he also won much more. I cannot say that ambition does not drive me. I want to achieve my goals and comeback at the top. (Winning) Grand Slam titles (continues to be) my goal, I dream it."

Analyzing her loss to Angelique Kerber in Miami, Bencic concluded: "Yeah, it was 4-2, but I didn't feel like I was really in the lead. I was really up and down in the start. I just didn't figure out so much what to do against her to make -- you know, she took my weapons away with how she was playing against me. So I think she did that well. Obviously, she's a great baseline player, so she's not gonna miss. Definitely, she put the wall mode on."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UbUiPV

No comments