Breaking News

Felix Auger-Aliassime: It would be fun to meet Kylian Mbappe one day

Speaking exclusively to The Telegraph, rising Canadian tennis star Felix Auger-Aliassime revealed he would love to meet young football superstar Kylian Mbappe. 

Auger-Aliassime, 18, continues to impress as he has reached his maiden Masters 1000 semi-final in Miami as a qualifier, being defeated by John Isner.

The Canadian has won a total of seven matches at the Miami event. 

The 18-year-old, who ended runner-up in Rio de Janeiro last month, is bidding to win his maiden ATP in style. 

Mbappe, 20, drew attention to his name two years ago when he led AS Monaco FC to a France Ligue 1 title and to the Champions League semi-final.

The 20-year-old was a part of the French team that won last year's FIFA World Cup title. 

Mbappe, now a member of Paris FC, is set to win his third consecutive France Ligue 1 trophy. 

When speaking of Mbappe's success and honours, Auger-Aliassime used the word "amazing" to describe what the Frenchman has managed to achieve so far in his short career.

The Canadian also revealed to The Telegraph that football is his "second best sport" before he added: "I was a left winger. I can run pretty fast. Either I make it into the centre or I cut and shoot. I have done tests on my speed, but I don't have the records. But I think he [Mbappe] would be a bit faster than me." 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OyMBxF

No comments