Breaking News

Del Potro: I had tough moments, but I want to keep surprising myself

Juan Martin del Potro still feels passionate about tennis and he does not intend to retire anytime soon. Speaking to the reporters in Delray Beach in February, he said: “I love to do this and I have luck that I have good friends and family who support what I want to do and that’s enough to keep trying, keep working hard to be a better player in the future and I’m still enjoying this life. I had tough moments during my career, but when I never expected to reach my highest [ATP] Ranking ever, I did last year at 29 years old. For this year I would like to be healthy for the whole season and then keep surprising myself.”

Del Potro is a regular participant in Delray Beach tournament: “I know how difficult it is to come back and play a tournament like this, but I’m ready for playing a match again. I know I will need a little bit of time to get confidence in my body and my game. But I’m excited to be playing again so Delray Beach is a good tournament to start at.”

Recalling one of his training sessions with the Argentine, Frances Tiafoe said, "That was great. It’s still funny hitting with him and spending time with him. It’s good to see him back. He’s such a nice guy and anything he says, even saying hi to me, means a lot to me. I’m a huge fan.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2ucuIf3

No comments