Breaking News

Dominic Thiem's coach explains why Roger Federer is the best

In an interview to Tennisnet, Dominic Thiem's coach Nicolas Massu commented on the Austrian player's triumph in Indian Wells defeating Roger Federer in a three-set final. Massu and Thiem have been working together since February. Massu said: "I would like to congratulate Dominic first of all for giving me a chance to work with him. It makes me happy that they trust me and believe in my abilities. We are so happy, it was a great tournament. Winning such a big tournament in such a fast way is unbelievable. In every match, Dominic played always better."

What makes Thiem special? "As a tennis fan and expert, I have to say: I love the way Dominic plays tennis. When I look at him, I partly see myself in him. I played in a similar way to him. Dominic has all the qualities: tennis, body, mental strength - he is a complete player."

In what way did Massu influence Thiem's game? "In the beginning, I tried to communicate as most as possible so that we knew each other better every day. In the first tournament in Buenos Aires, I was more involved as an observer to figure out what to say and do to get the best out of Dominic. I joined the team to find little things that could have a big impact. He should know that I am always there for him and to have a conversation together. You have to be a complete player: mix a flat serve with slice serves, get more balls back and being solid on the baseline. That's why he played so well in Indian Wells. That's why Roger Federer is also the best. You do not know what to expect from him, because he has everything."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HL6Yr0

No comments