Breaking News

Dominic Thiem's Indian Wells win was unbelievable, says coach

In an interview to La Tercera, Dominic Thiem's coach Nicolas Massu praised the Austrian's Indian Wells' triumph over Roger Federer in the final. Massu recalled his last 44 days: "Some very nice things happened. First the Davis Cup, where we reached the World Group with a team that was ranked lowly five years ago and after eight years, we are among the best 18 teams of the world. (This was) something spectacular. A couple of weeks later, I find myself as a coach winning a Masters 1000 in Indian Wells. It's unbelievable, a great feeling. Everything happened in a very fast way."

Massu and Thiem started working together at the Argentina Open in Buenos Aires, last month. "You work and you give 100 percent day-by-day to achieve important things. It makes me very passionate, I love the game that gave me so much, and I have the energy and the motivation to keep doing it for many years."

Massu also said the team was now focused on doing well in Miami. "...I just do my job. Results sometimes follow, sometimes they don't. We are in Miami, thinking about doing as best as possible. I am happy to help a great person and a great tennis player. Winning a tournament the way he did, beating all those players, is something unbelievable," the 2004 Olympic singles and doubles champion said, adding that a decision on whether to extend his partnership with Thiem would be taken after Miami. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UKVUgw

No comments