Breaking News

I should have listened to my parents more, says Nick Kyrgios

Speaking in an elementary school in Miami on Tuesday, the world no. 33 Nick Kyrgios commented on his childhood regrets. The Australian player is a controversial character on the tennis court and he has a lot of ups and down. "I wish I listened to my parents when I was your age. That’s my biggest regret. When I was 14, my parents told me I could no longer play basketball and still to this day it breaks my heart. It was one of the toughest challenges to give that up [to focus on tennis]. I love basketball," said Kyrgios, who won in Acapulco earlier in March. 

Stefanos Tsitsipas said: “Greece was suffering economically during the period that I grew up, so it was not easy to pursue my dream. Those circumstances held me back, but I was lucky that I had people in my family who helped to make my dream possible. It was also difficult for me to not see my family very much when I did begin to travel for my tennis. I was lucky that I had my dad to travel with me, but I missed my mother, my siblings, and my grandparents.”

Marin Cilic concluded: "We all share a similar story about going through struggles to reach our full potential. I had to move from my family to a bigger city. It made me stronger and more responsible knowing what I wanted to do. There were many tough moments, but my family always supported me. Because of the tough moments, I am a better person and I appreciate the life I now have more. Believe in yourself, work hard and you can achieve your goals.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2CtqIes

No comments