Breaking News

Gael Monfils: If I do Elina Svitolina's routine, I won't be able to do it

In a press conference at the Dubai Open, Gael Monfils commented on how his new girlfriend Elina Svitolina is helping him to become a better player and person. Monfils admitted that he thinks Svitolina is too professional. "If I do her routine, I won't be able to do it. That's the beauty of everybody. It's her or another player. I think what I'm doing, how I practice, I'm not sure like many players will be able to do what I'm doing. In a way, it's different. I won't be able to practice how some players do because it's way different. Even I think easier for me to adapt me to practice like them than them to practice like me. New goals, new team, new routine. Obviously, wins under my belt. Everything is going fine. I just try to keep doing what I'm doing. Every day a little more, a little more to improve, definitely try to reach my goal this year," said the 32-year-old Frenchman.

Monfils also commented on how it felt to triumph at the Rotterdam Open in mid-February: "It's my second 500 in my whole career. It's big for me. It's big. It's big for my coach also because he's new working with me. He knows is never easy to start a new relationship without wins. It's only winning, so you know for my coach, I think he feels good for him. I think is getting more confident about what he telling me, what actually I'm doing. I think we're doing fine. Nothing going to replace a win. So we both happy. As I say, I try to keep on this track."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2SWqTV5

No comments