Breaking News

Gustavo Kuerten invites Roger Federer to play doubles together in Brazil

The former world No. 1 Gustavo Kuerten backed Roger Federer to compete in Brazil again. The Swiss played a South American exhibition tour in 2012 and he recently said he would love to come back there. Federer would like to visit new places: "I would love to play in South America or more often in Asia, play other clay-court tournaments as well", admitted Federer. "But it's difficult to change the schedule. I could do it through exhibition matches that are also casual and cool. But from my knee injury, I almost never played them. My biggest desire is to play a match for Africa in South Africa. This is what I am planning."

Through a video shared on Twitter, Kuerten said: "Hey Roger what's up my friend? It would be great if you played an ATP event here in Brazil, your home. If you do, I am sure I will love it, it’ll be very fun. Also, if it is confirmed, I want to know if you want to play doubles with. I will start practising just in case!"

Federer opened his campaign at the Miami Open on a good note having won his opening round match against Radu Albot, unlike Dominic Thiem who instead lost to Hubert Hurkacz. Thiem and Federer faced each other in the Indian Wells final. Analyzing his loss, the Austrian said: “He played really well tonight and he’s also had some really good weeks leading in Dubai and Indian Wells. I didn’t play badly, but I did some things bad. He gave me the early break and I should have continued with that better than I did. But generally, he was just better and I wasn’t quite on my level like last week.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2U9F9hH

No comments