Breaking News

I would have never imagined to be so successful, says Roger Federer

Roger Federer won 100 career-titles including 20 Slams. The Swiss would have never imagined he would hit so many heights in his professional journey. "I have had an incredible career, I never thought that would be this successful, I have won more than I ever thought I would in my wildest dreams, I did not think this far to be quite honest, so I am very lucky in my life", said Federer. "Of course I have worked hard but then again in tennis you will never be able to compare who is better than the other because you may be somebody one more at when they were younger, someone more than they were, so for me it's just about really having a complete career and I hope I can look back one day and think that my career was truly great from the beginning to the end."

Federer looks forward to playing the Laver Cup in Geneva in September. For him, honoring the former players is a priority: "I have a lot of respect for Bjorn Borg and Rod Laver who really paved the way for a lot of generation of players, but I am very thankful for all the legends and all the great players that tennis has had and we have been fortunate that we have had the amount of great players and also interesting characters in the game, they made the tour that we live in today and more successful one, more fans than ever attend the tennis tournaments, we have better state of the art complex stadiums which is great. We are playing in some fascinating cities now that maybe before we were not doing and they have paved the way for us to players we are today so I am forever grateful and thankful to them. We are also trying to make the tour a better place for the next generation of players."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HDEYWd

No comments