Breaking News

Horacio Zeballos: I would love to play Roger Federer

BNP Paribas Open Doubles Champion Horacio Zeballos recently spoke about various aspects of tennis, focusing on Masters 1000 event.

Speaking about his favourite Masters 1000 event, Zeballos said, “I really like Indian Wells. It's perfect for the players, great to go with the family. The atmosphere is beautiful. There are a lot of people cheering for you, even if you're not from the U.S... The conditions are really nice, and the courts are perfect. All of them have Hawk-Eye so it's perfect.”

He has had a number of wins at Masters 1000 events, but which one is his favourite? “In Miami (2016) , I was the lucky loser because Roger Federer couldn't play so I got in and I played on the centre court and I beat Del Potro. That was the best memory... It was perfect. I played so good, I was not expecting to get in, I was the lucky loser. So it was a really nice day for me when I learned that I was playing. Then I beat Del Potro, then I beat Verdasco and I had the chance to be Top 100 again, so it was the perfect week... There were many Argentines, there were many South Americans there. I felt like I was playing at home.”

Sharing his thoughts on his dream opponent at a Masters 1000 event, he added, I would love to play against Roger. I've never played against him. It would be very nice for my career, and it doesn't matter where just to play against him in a Masters 1000 would be great.”

He also mentioned Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic being the toughest competitor in Masters 1000 history. “Nadal or Djokovic, those two guys are amazing. You need to play too good to beat them in a big tournament, and for like two, three hours.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FsEiR6

No comments