Breaking News

Hyeon Chung's comeback delayed as he withdraws from Miami Masters

South-Korean star Hyeon Chung has been forced to withdraw from the Miami Open due to a back injury. 

The 22-year-old has now picked up his fourth consecutive tournament withdrawal. 

The South-Korean hasn't played since losing in the ABN World Tennis Tournament first round in Rotterdam. 

Chung was expected to return to competitive action at the Miami Masters as he tweeted last week: "Hi all, It's been a while. I really missed you as I have been working hard to recover from injuries. I'm back and hope to see you at Miami!"

Unfortunately, the South-Korean wasn't ready to play Miami and make his fifth consecutive appearance at the tournament. 

He was drawn to meet Japan's Taro Daniel in the first round. 

"I regret to tell you that I had to withdraw from (the) Miami Open due to (a) back injury I have been dealing with since last year. I am trying my best to stay positive and move forward in my professional career. So long until I see you all back on court healthy," Chung announced on Twitter. 

Chung's career-best result at the Miami event came last year. 

Back then, the South-Korean made the quarter-final before losing to eventual champion John Isner   In the remaining three Miami appearances, Chung twice lost in the first round and once made the second round. 

It remains to be seen when will Chung be ready to return to competitive action. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2ugUQW7

No comments