Breaking News

I will play tennis also after my retirement, says Roger Federer

Roger Federer said he plans to compete on the senior tour once he is done with professional tennis. The Swiss barely suffered major injuries during his 21-year career, and he has an ultimate passion for the game. "Of course I try not to quite the sports ever", Federer told Nos. "Actually I am never going to leave the sports because I will still be playing tennis even when I am retired. Because I love sports too much, so many friends who love tennis as well, and I will always keep going. But of course, on a professional level, there is always a certain age where the body says no more, the family says no more, the mind says, Okay, it's been great but it's been done now. I have been really enjoying myself and I have no plans to retire, and I understand the question always comes up and fans, especially the young ones, inspire me to keep playing. I am a role model to them, really important, I care about that and for sure it's one of the reasons why I am still playing."

Asked who were his childhood idols, Federer replied: "I always enjoyed seeing Marcelo Rios, obviously Pete Sampras, who I played during my first years at Wimbledon. Becker and Edberg, but I missed them on the tour, I never played them."

How much time does he have left in tennis? "As long as I am healthy, motivated, enjoying myself, my family is fine, everybody is happy that I am still doing it, especially myself, then I am happy to keep going. But it only has to be in a good place."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Tm3igG

No comments