Breaking News

'Not everyone can be a Roger Federer, Djokovic, Messi -Rafael Nadal's uncle

Rafael Nadal's uncle, Toni, said that the talent is not everything in sports in general and specifically tennis. "Not everyone can be a Lionel Messi, Roger Federer or Novak Djokovic, but you can be the best as you can. You have to adapt to it and accept it", said Toni.

"The main goal through the entire Rafael's trajectory has always been to improve. And this is improvement is the consequence that he achieved was always not enough. I liked to think that the improvement was always possible. Improving is not easy. In order to improve you have to want to do it, and then, being able to listen. Rafa was always able to listen and make him being driven by someone and he was smart in it."

He finally revealed a private conversation he had: "The last year Rafa played in Australia and after every match we spoke by phone. In the fourth match I told him that he had not played so well and he told me it was hot. I answered him: "C'mon, it was hot just on your side of the court, because your opponent played very well. Do not look for excuses, you will find them but they will not help you. An excuse never made us win a match."

Speaking of his withdrawal in Indian Wells, Nadal said: "I have this since long time ago. Some moments are better; some moments are worse. Always stays there. And always remind me, limit me to practice less the way that I want and to play less than I want. But it's not the moment to complain much. With all this stuff, I still where I am today."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UNG7gW

No comments