Breaking News

It's just terrible: Felix Auger-Aliassime on lost chances in SF vs Isner

Despite his loss, Felix Auger-Aliassime still feels proud and happy with the way he played against John Isner in the Miami Open semi-finals. The Canadian lost in two tie-break sets and in his post-match press conference, said: "We haven't played too many times yet on the pro tour. Obviously, his results and mine are pushing each other. I think, yeah, a lot of belief, a lot of positive things happening, and I think it's just pushing us. But I don't think we're at a point where we have a rivalry, but we have obviously – we are competitive and good friends at the same time."

Auger-Aliassime believes he tried his best: "I think I did the best that I could. I probably did the best of all the players that played him this week. I just couldn't serve from my part. It's a chance you can't miss, serving two times for the set, and just -- I don't know. It's just terrible. I think, yeah, starting from qualies, not being sure how far to go. Yeah, the biggest lesson was to stay in the present and believe in yourself, because, you know, you can always dig deep and find resources within yourself. So I think that's a huge lesson to not give up, stay calm, and just work every day."

On his next plans, the 18-year-old concluded: "Now I'm going home for some rest. Then I will start training for the clay season. Start in Monte-Carlo and – yeah, obviously my goals and my expectations, maybe not my expectations, but I'm aiming high. I want to play well for the rest of the year, but again, just focus on daily work. We'll see what I can do."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OzCqZX

No comments