Breaking News

Ivo Karlovic: 40s are the new 30s so I'm young again

Croat Ivo Karlovic has been defying age time and again and he is in the Third Round of the BNP Paribas Open where he is set to face off against Indian Prajnesh Gunneswaran.

Karlovic, who recently turned 40, is welcoming this new decade with a big smile on his face. “Obviously 40s are the new 30s so I'm young again. I like it,” he said.

He has had a good event so far and the he has not intentions of slowing down at the first ATP 1000 Masters of the year. The 6'10” humble giant became the oldest Masters 1000 winner in series history (since 1990) earlier this week.

"Every week I am the oldest at something, so I don't know. Next week it will be the oldest ever to walk without implants in his hip," he said.

“Obviously it is nice that I’m still doing this, which I love, so hopefully I can continue much longer. But if not, it’s also good.”

Last year, he was on the verge of retirement and questioned why he was still playing and whenever he left for a tournament, he never wanted to leave his family behind.

“They could not travel that much with me, and then always when I would leave it was horrible. They were sad, and I was sad, and I just didn't really want to do it that much,” he said.

Though things got a bit dicey for him last year, he is back in the Top-100 and is looking positive. “Now everything is better. When you begin to win more, everything's good,” he said. “I know that I will not continue forever so I'm trying to squeeze as much as I can.”’

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2J493jl

No comments