Breaking News

Miami Open: Roger Federer on 1st impression of playing at Hard Rock Stadium

Roger Federer felt impressed and amazed with the environment in the Hard Rock Stadium during his three-set win over Radu Albot. The Swiss player received tremendous support from the crowd. 

"There's definitely always a slight sort of buzz in the stadium," said Federer. "I think it's more because of the size and the ventilation. You feel there's always a bit of a noise there, which is sometimes a bit unusual for tennis. Of course, indoors you get that more often. We do have it occasionally. A very key element of our sport is you can hear a pin drop, right? Here it's not so much the case. When somebody hits the ball, it's not as clear maybe, which, then, can feel almost like it's a little bit of empty space. That can feel maybe a little bit different. I didn't feel like it was totally something out of the ordinary where I had no clue where my boundaries were, like I've had maybe at some other courts from around the world in the past. I've gotten used to it quite quickly. Yeah, the shadows, they didn't bother me. The glare was very short. Other than that, yeah, it's a big place. I mean, the side stands are huge. It goes far away. It's unusual to have it that way. I would have thought maybe they would put it in the corner, the stadium, instead of on the long side. Still it was a good atmosphere. It's steep on the three sides," concluded the Basel native.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2USaT8d

No comments