Breaking News

Not getting to 101 titles in Indian Wells was a pity, says Roger Federer

Roger Federer looks forward to competing at the Miami Open. The Swiss triumphed thrice here and he hopes to go far. The last few weeks have been good for the Swiss, who won the Dubai Open title and reached the Indian Wells final losing to Dominic Thiem. "I'm happy to be at 100 titles. It's exciting to have won that many. It was a pity I couldn't get to 101 last week but I will keep plugging away and hopefully give myself more opportunities. The most important thing is to be healthy and happy playing and that’s exactly how I feel," said Federer in Miami. 

How many more titles can Federer add to his achievements list? “Not another 100, I can tell you that. I hope a few more. I'm just very happy to be at 100 already. It's exciting to have won that many and to have gotten another chance in Indian Wells. It was a pity not to get to 101st but it's how it goes, so I just have to keep plugging away and hopefully give myself some opportunities. The important thing is to be healthy, happy playing and that's exactly how I feel right now sitting here in Miami.”

On his goal, Federer, who lost the 2018 opening round in Miami to Thanasi Kokkinakis, concluded: “My focus has got to be doing better than last year. I really have to make sure I do my utmost to get through that first [match] and hopefully catch momentum."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HAKatO

No comments