Breaking News

'One of my best moments ever' - Coric recalls win over Federer in Halle

In an interview to the ATP YouTube Channel, Borna Coric recalled his last year's final win over Roger Federer in Halle. The Croatian player prevailed in straight sets to conquer his maiden ATP 500 title in career. Coric would then went on to defeat Federer for a second time in the Shanghai Masters semifinals a few months later.

Coric did not expect to get such a great result in the German tournament. He opened his start in Halle on a high note, defeating Alexander Zverev. Against Federer, he delivered again a high tennis level. "When I was coming to the grass court I had maybe won three matches on grass in the past four years so I did not really expect anything. I prepared very well for the tournament because I knew I am going to struggle and then I started to play and really feel good", said Coric. "I was also in some parts lucky, you just need that little bit of luck sometimes as well but I played the best tennis of my whole life. I knew I am not the favourite obviously, I am playing against the guy who is one of the best in the whole history of tennis but I knew I had my chances and that's basically what I did. It was one of my best moments in the whole life, it was really something special, it meant something huge for me, to be honest, I never expected to do it especially on the grass against Roger in a final as well. It was really a big tournament."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2JS7iWG

No comments