Breaking News

Rafael Nadal explains why he still keeps playing tennis

Rafael Nadal explained why he still keeps playing tennis at 32 years of age. The Spaniard, speaking to Palladium, said: "The main thing that drives me to train each day is my passion for the sport and for competition. It’s something I like, so I enjoy doing it. It’s true I’ve been at it for years, and I can’t say I am the same as day 1 of my career, because it’s different now. But I still have this desire to better myself and keep improving my game."

On how physical issues influence him, Nadal added: "The whole issue of injuries is a hindrance, it doesn’t benefit me. In my case, I wish I hadn’t had injuries, or at least not so many of them. Injuries limit your capacity to compete."

On how his game evolved, Nadal added: "We all need to adapt to the times. No just in sports, but in any other area of life. As far as tennis is concerned, it’s normal for players to improve in their game and become a more well-rounded player, so we have to keep getting better ourselves to stay at the top."

Asked about his goals for the next two or three years, Nadal concluded: "It’s hard to say. The main thing is to have physical endurance and be in shape to compete at the highest level."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2YyHS3Q

No comments