Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'I don't check social media all the time'

In a press conference following his win over Karen Khachanov in Indian Wells, Rafael Nadal commented on his perspective towards social media. The Spaniard's accounts are managed by his agents Benito Barbadillo, Carlos Costa and physiotherapist Rafael Maymo. They make daily updates there.

"Sometimes the social media can be very positive, and sometimes can be very negative", said Nadal. "Because when you are in a table having dinner and you are eight people and you see six people with the phones checking the social media, then become negative. That's my feeling. You have all the information about immediately about what's happening around the world, but then you miss other information that's what's happening in front of you. That's my personal feeling. You know, I am not from this generation. I am a little bit older. So I appreciate it. For me, of course, it's mandatory to have social media because is part of my life, and I cannot go against this world and I will not. And it's good to be in touch with the fans and that's one of these positive things. But at the same time, I am not this kind of guy that I am, you know, checking my phone to check the Twitter, to check Instagram, or Facebook all the time. No, not me."

Nadal withdrew from his semifinals match against Roger Federer due to a knee injury and he will now be back in track at the Monte Carlo Masters on clay.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HzXJsV

No comments